The NAJRAE Junior Board of Directors shall develop and carry out all programs of the NAJRAE. In addition, the Board of Directors shall serve as a communication link between the membership, senior board, and the junior advisors.
The directors of the Association shall be eight (8) in number. Directors shall serve for one two-year term. To be eligible for election, board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year. All applicants must have attended and or exhibited at least one year.
To be eligible for election the following criteria must be met:
- Board candidates must be at least seventeen by show date and must not have reached their twenty-second birthday before January 1 of their election year.
- All applicants must have attended and exhibited at the NAJRAE for least one year, participated in at least two satellite events, and any of the steer, bull, or female shows held during the NAJRAE.
- Interview - 50%: The interviewers are to consist of one senior board member who leads the junior team, a current retiring board member, a current board member, a junior board advisor, and a breeder/industry leader. Applicants will be interviewed virtually the week of June 18th.
- Two-Minute Video and Interaction - 40%: Candidates would submit a two-minute video telling the existing junior board why you want to be on the NAJRAE board. The video will be evaluated by the junior board and judged by past Interaction in the barn in the previous years. Video length is a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Application -10%: completed submittable application, a recent photo, essay, code of conduct, and reference letters. All photos, code of conduct, and reference letters will need to be uploaded through the online application system.
Deadline: June 15, 2020 - Midnight CST
Download Code of Conduct